~Shadow~

You and I,
traversing day and night.
In a sheer delight,
to play with shadows.
The dwarf, I am;
Tall, you are.
My shadows, sometimes-
-bigger than yours.
Appear Mightier than yours,
my lips curve and
I express the delight,
of a victory
in an undeclared War.
Innocent Kid, I am,
Mature you're, an adult.
You Gasp, as to show,
in a wonder-like-expression;
and you pretend,
'My! My! My!'
A Happy me, playing with shadows.
A Knowledgeable you,
Laughing off, the Ignorance of a Kid about Science.
An amusing smile appears,
on your dull face.
Thinking, Poor Kid, One day He will be Adult.
And then He will understand,
it's Not the Science but
Circumstances-
-which Best Explains, The Shadow.
A Dark, Haunting, and Fearful,
Shadow.
~~~
Epilogue; (In a Poem, I don't know if we add it technically but I feel like to)
Suck as it does,
but can't help it,
growing old, and casting a
Shadow on your own Childhood.


Comments