Defeat - A poem

A defeat,
and you feel everything's lost.

A neglect,
and you think no one cares.

Whenever someone disparages you,
O My friend, 
Why you crawl inside that shell?

Why you, by this act, display your weakness?
Why do you put on exhibition your insecurities?
Why you let them bully your soul?

Why's have no answers sometimes,
the crawled soul answers.
You may say whatever you want but
I will carry all of this--
--rebuke, reprimand, disparagement,
bully, body-shaming, hurtful remarks and much more--
And I shall accumulate it all to a point,when it shall explode beyond repair.
When I'll cry endlessly,
shout and scream,
throw my hands in the air, and
then exhausted, I'll hit the floor.


I shall discover once again that
feeling defeated is a choice!
I learn slowly and gradually
but that's how I do it.
And I think I should be free to feel defeat this way.

~Saurabh 'Angira' Sharma

Captured by @pkcanvas 

Comments